Saturday, April 21, 2007

Beautiful Weather

After months of snow, rain storms, and everything else that comes with winters in Maine, spring is finally making it's appearance. This has always been my favorite season; watching the flowers bloom and feeling the warmth from the sun. On these beautiful days, I usually find time to take a walk and contemplate all that God has given me. Today as I walked across campus, I realized how very different my life is compared to two years ago. At that point, I had not met the many wonderful people that I know consider family across the country. I had yet to really understand how to make God the focus of my life, although I'm still learning that. Most importantly, I didn't really know what I felt called to do with this life that God has entrusted me with. I still have many unanswered questions, but I finally feel as though I am on the right path.

I will be graduating in one year (plus a few weeks) and beginning an entirely new chapter in my life. Although I have always felt drawn to teach music, I feel as though my calling will be slightly different than the typical school setting. This is an unanswered question in my life, but placing it in God's hands is all that I'm concerned about. About a year ago, I began to realize that God has called me to be a wife and mother. I continually pray for the graces that I will need in order to do His will, but I smile every time I think of raising a family. Perhaps this is all the grace one needs; to know in your heart that you are doing the Lord's will.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...