Monday, February 19, 2007

Lent

Lent is only a few days away and I have yet to give much thought to it. Usually I come up with some elaborate plan of how I'm going to better myself and grow closer to God, but for some reason I have yet to do this. I cannot seem to come up with something that will allow me to offer up my sacrifices in a way that I see fit. Perhaps this struggle is God's way of telling me to look at the smaller things in life. There are many trivial things that I could work on and perhaps that is what I will focus on this year.

Nathan and I have decided to also have something to work on together throughout lent. Although I do not intend on sharing it, I know that it will truly help us to grow closer to God and to grow in our love through Him. Lent truly is a time to grow closer to God by offering up our sacrifices so that we may fully prepare ourselves for the ultimate sacrifice of His son.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...