Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Power of Prayer

Since Nathan started his job in September, we have not had the opportunity to attend mass together very often. Thankfully we are on break this week and have attended mass together both yesterday and today. Today was especially a huge blessing. Being Ash Wednesday, we decided to go to confession, mass, and adoration.

After confession, I could feel our souls being cleansed and immediately knew that we would be growing even closer to one another. After finishing our penances, we knelt and prayed in front of Mary. It was such a beautiful opportunity to spend time asking her for guidance and intercession in our relationship.

Adoration is always incredible, but especially so today. Being in the presence of our Lord is so powerful that my heart is always yearning to embrace Him. Although I had the same desire, I felt as though both my heart and Nathan's were focused so deeply on allowing Jesus into our hearts, that we were walking the path together. I really understood that loving the Lord in that way with someone else, is ultimately what love is all about.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited your website and found it most encouraging. May the Lord richly bless you. Please continue to keep up the site.
Love in Christ,
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...