Friday, February 15, 2008

Generations

While student teaching this semester, I have had many experiences that have stuck with me. On Thursday, we took 40 students from the third grade chorus to sing for the local nursing home. I have spent many afternoons of my life singing for the elderly and didn't expect anything different. This time however, I was merely an observer. While the students sang, those that lived there were quite pleased with their Valentine's Day entertainment. At one point, the students started singing patriotic songs. Even though there was a 90 year difference between the youngest and the oldest person in the room, everyone was singing along. It's amazing how music can continue through the many generations and still hold it's purpose and meaning. No matter the age, everyone is proud to sing the songs of our country.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...