Monday, February 25, 2008

God Will Provide

How many times have you heard it? "I'm not worried about it, God will provide." Although I have experienced the truth to this statement several times, I am still in constant awe when I realize how amazing He truly is.

I have recently come into some financial hardships. At one point I started thinking of my money in terms of how many gas tanks I could have. How many weeks could I afford to get to my student teaching placement before running out of money? I was quickly reminded that I have no control over things like this and placed it all in God's hands. I went to mass that evening and asked merely for one tank of gas. Within two hours, I received a phone call asking me to work in the nursery at a church the next morning and I received enough money for my one tank of gas! God truly does provide.

I have continued to pray for financial help and through fasting and prayer, God has given me more than I have asked for! I have a new job that I work at on weekends where I clean toilets, sweep, mop, and do other activities in which I make things sparkle. At first, I took this job only for the money and started grumbling about how awful it would be. During my first 5 hours of sweeping/vacuuming, I had alot of time to think, contemplate, and pray. I realized what a blessing this job was. Although it sounds like a dirty job, (scrubbing toilets makes for an easy sacrifice to offer up) having an excuse to merely pray and listen to God for hours at a time, I couldn't ask for anything better! For the first time in my life I am working hard for my money and have found an appreciation that I have never known. God will provide, all we have to do is ask and never forget to listen.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...