Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Should Not Be Said

Since it has become public that I am pregnant, I have heard a variety of things that need quoting. There are of course some positive things that are said, but how do people come up with half the stuff they say?? Here are few that are the most memorable.

During the first trimester and dealing with morning sickness (this has been said by far too many):
Person 1: "How have you been feeling?"
Me: "Awful."
Person 1: "Have you tried (insert crazy remedy here) for the nausea?"
Me: "I've tried everything."
Person 1: "Well I vomited once, but after trying it I never did again!"
Note: How is that supposed to make someone feel better? Only once would be a miracle! Even if it was only once a day! I've tried all the remedies, they don't work.

Person 2: "Are you expecting a big baby?"
Me: "Umm, I don't think so. Why?"
Person 2: "Cause you've really popped!"
Note: Isn't that what's supposed to happen? Plus, how would I know if the baby's going to big?

Person 3: "How are you feeling?"
Me: "Exhausted, but I'll be ok."
Person 3: "It's just training for what's to come."
Note: Is this supposed to make me feel better?

Other than these, it's amazing how many people instantly discuss their own pregnancies. How much weight they gained, how awful the labor was, and any complications they may have had. It took me awhile, but I'm beginning to see the humor in these comments. Atleast at the end of it all I'll have a few good stories.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...