Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Cake Tradition

While I was growing up, my mother was constantly decorating cakes for birthdays, holidays, and special events. I was shocked the day I realized people bought their birthday cakes at the grocery store! Now with my own family and our own special events I've started feeling a need to continue this tradition.

For Peter's baptism I was determined to begin my cake decorating adventure. I borrowed all of my mom's supplies and books and started planning. I decided not to get too complicated and only perfect one technique per cake.









I ended up with a HUGE cake since we had several people attend the party. Half of the bottom was chocolate, the other was vanilla, and the cross was red velvet.

For Nathan's birthday I decided to use a cake pan I had sitting around (Betty Crocker's Bake 'n Fill). It was a chocolate cake with cherries in the middle. It turned out great! Since it's baseball season, it was only natural I had to turn it into a baseball!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...