Monday, June 15, 2009

No Rise Pizza Crust

I love making pizza but when a crust has to rise, it takes so long! I have been doing some experimenting with different recipes, and so far, this is my favorite. It rises beautifully in the oven and tastes just like a crust that would take hours to make!

1 Tbsp yeast
1 cup very warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour

1. Combine yeast, water, and sugar. Allow to sit for the yeast to activate.
2. Add salt, olive oil, and flours. Mix well.
3. Knead on a floured surface until smooth. (I do the entire thing in my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer and let it do the kneading for me).
4. Allow dough to sit for 5-10 minutes.
5. Press onto large pizza pan or stone.
6. Add sauce and toppings. (I use an 8 oz can of tomato sauce and add basil, oregano, and garlic powder instead of buying an expensive premade sauce).
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.

I wanted to take a picture of the spinach and sun dried tomato pizza we had for dinner tonight...it disappeared before I could grab the camera.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...