Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Patience is a Virtue?

I have been struggling lately with patience. It tends to be extremely hard to be patient for something that you so desperately want, especially knowing that it is not currently part of God's plan. I have tried many ways to overcome this obstacle, yet I have not found the solution or if there even is supposed to be one.

You hear it constantly, "Be patient," but what exactly is meant by this? Is it alright to still hope and dream for that time to come? Or is it best to refocus your energy on something else? Praying for patience has proved to be the most helpful and beneficial, yet I continue to struggle. I have also been trying to offer it all up to the Lord. He knows what is best for me, yet I continuously hope that perhaps there is a short cut along my path.

How do you accept patience into your life and embrace the beauty that God has intended for it?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord, You have a time for everything. Your time is not our time. Grant us the strength and wisdom to live in your time, and not our own. Help us to surrender our desires to you, so that they may be fulfilled in Your time, as You see fit. Amen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...