Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Being a Teacher

I am currently in my junior year of college, studying music education. Since my freshman year, during breaks, I do alot of substitute teaching. Last year, I was blessed with the opportunity to have a six-week position doing K-6 general music. I had not done any teaching since then, but since I've been home for Christmas break, I have had a few more opportunities. After a really difficult semester of school, I was unsure of whether or not I really wanted to teach at all. After being in the classrooms these last few days, I realized that this is truly what I'm supposed to be doing. Although I do not plan on teaching for long once I get married and have children, for now it's what I need to do. The students give me an entirely new prespective on life. Those that just want to excell show me that I need constantly be pushing myself and those that come from troubled homes show me that there are so many people around me that need prayers.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...