Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Seeing Old Friends

Two summers ago when I walked with the Crusade for Life, I met many people who influenced who I am today. There were many faces and names along the way but a few that I very distinctly remember.

One day, eight of the twelve walkers had to go to a rally of some sort in New Hampshire while four of us stayed back to cover thirty or so miles of walking (from Maine into New Hampshire). It was a hot, but typical summer day. After walking for most of the morning, two of the walkers met a man who invited us into his home for lunch. We graciously accepted and were surprised to discover how beautiful his family was. He was married to a wonderful woman and they had an adorable child and were expecting their second. They had such a wonderful way about them and their faith was so radiant. Of all the days that summer, this family sticks out in my mind the most.

Today, I decided to check out the new Catholic bookstore. I stayed half an hour past closing talking with the owner when the man that works with her said that he was leaving. She mentioned that his four year old was in the car. She said the child's name and I immediately wondered if it was the man that had invited us for lunch. I began asking questions of where he lives and his wife's name. Sure enough, it was him! He walked back inside to get something and we both realized that we knew each other and how we had met. I then went outside to see his wife and two boys. We immediately began talking and I was so excited to have seen them once again. She is now expecting their third child! They are such amazing witnesses of God's love for us and I am so happy to have seen them once again. You never know where you'll see someone that you haven't seen in years, but God always seems to reconnect us.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...