Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Goodbye Pants

About a year and a half ago I stopped wearing pants and decided to wear only skirts. At first it was just more comfortable and I enjoyed them more, then I started reading more about modesty and began to realize how much more I could embrace my femininity. I started seeing a different side of men; doors were opened for me and I was treated with so much more respect. Try wearing skirts for awhile, it's incredible to see how people respond!

Since I began wearing only skirts, I have kept my pants in the back of my closet "just in case." I have been thinking of getting rid of them, but could not get myself to do so. Yesterday, I decided it was time. I took out my sewing machine, ripped a couple of them up, and transformed a couple of pairs into a skirt. Goodbye pants! I'm sure the rest of them will be transformed as well or sold at our yard sale this weekend.

1 comments:

amatachild said...

Danielle!! Ren from the MOEs here.

Back when I was a protestant I did the whole skirts-only thing too. When I came back to Catholicism I rejected that since pants are allowed. But more and more I've been noticing the BENEFITS of skirts with helping women embrace their feminity. I've been contemplating going back to only wearing skirts again because of how much what I wear affects how I behave/think/act. Glad I'm not the only one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...