Friday, August 17, 2007

Yard Sale

This morning we took out all of our once prized possessions, put stickers on them, and have been allowing people to buy our stuff. All of these things that have brought us closer to society's materialistic ways are being placed in unknown cars and driven away. With a simple exchange of a couple of quarters, the unused clothes that I have been hoarding "in case I ever needed them" are being put to use in someone else's house. It's a good reminder of how materialistic we, as human beings, can be. Occasionally we need to let go of our possessions and live more simply. As I prepare to move out of the house next year I am slowly going through these worldly possessions and realizing what kind of life I want to live.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...