Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 11

Day 11 of our 40 Day Challenge.
Homemade whole wheat pasta, sauce made from fresh tomatoes, and homemade peasant bread.

We're a quarter of the way through our 40 day journey and honesty, I really don't feel as though it is hard enough. Are we cheating? No. We have so far spent $1.99 on a calendar. Sure, I could make a calendar, but I love how this one is set up and I've been using it for a few years now. I found it at a surplus store and as the saying goes "You should have bought it when you saw it," so I bought it.

Perhaps this challenge feels easy since we have become fairly self sufficient in most of our needs. Our babies are virtually free. I already have all the cloth diapers I need. Between both of my diapered kids (thankfully one is almost potty trained), I'm estimating we save about $80 a month! And I am constantly, without effort, producing food for my little girlie. I don't even want to think about how much formula would cost a month!

I've also found out how thankful I am and helpful it is to buy everything in bulk. When I see something on sale, we start filling the cart. Almost everything we have and are currently eating our way through was bought in large quantities while it was on sale.

What have I missed? There is something about grocery shopping that I really enjoy. Filling our cart with delicious foods and dreaming up ways to feed my family while trying to keep my two children calm and appropriate for public. You know what, now that I think of it, I don't really miss that adventure.

I have also found more time to continue my cleaning adventure. I'm quite determined to get my house in tip top shape. It really is starting to get there. It's amazing how much free time you can find when you aren't busy getting children prepared to go shopping! Have I mentioned how much I don't miss that?

On a side note: check out my friend's new blog A Family of Three Was Meant to Be. Her and her husband have decided to take on their own 40 day challenge! They are keeping track of how much they are saving every week and then taking that money and donating it to the Church!! In one week, they have already saved $75!

How could you incorporate a 40 Day Challenge into your home??

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...