Saturday, December 30, 2006

How Do You Know It's Love?

This is a question that I have found myself pondering alot in the last three years. What exactly is love? How do you know when you've found it? Is there a correct way to love? Everyday I am closer and closer to realizing all of these answers. Although I don't know them in full, I am well on my way.

What is love? When you are finding yourself wanting to give everything you can to a person and not expecting anything in return, that must be love. I cannot seem to find any other explaination for wanting to give in such a trusting way. This is a mutual giving that never ceases from either person, which truly amazes me. In terms of an ideal love, I always look to Mary and Joseph. Joseph gave so much to Mary knowing that she was not carrying his son. That trust was incredible, yet on top of that, he took care of her and accepted her as his wife.
In the last three years, Nathan and I have been through so much together. We have had happy times, hard times, and everything in between. After spending some time apart to discover who we were individually, we began to learn how to bring our individual selves into a relationship. Looking back at the transformation, I am in awe. I have never wanted to give so much to something before; to someone so important to me. He helps me realize that giving selflessly is truly the answer. No matter what may come our way, we know that as long as we keep God in the center of our relationship, we will continue to experience what love truly is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Danielle, that's so awesome!! I'm happy for you! And you guys look adorable in that picture. What you said about love is very true, and a lot of it involves sacrifice... take for instance the greatest account of love ever shown- Jesus' passion and death on the cross- for love of us!!

Love you & miss you!
~Vicki :o)

Kathryn said...

What Vicki said. You guys are such a great model of what a young couple should be. So many people these days dont understand the great sacrifices that are necessary for a heathly, holy relationship. Selfless love is always the purest. God Bless you guys!

~Kathryn~

Anonymous said...

That's great! It's nice to see two such nice, talented, and faithful people come together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...