Friday, December 22, 2006

Thankful for Good Health

I have always found it to be sad that I am not thankful for good health until I am sick. I came down with a cold a couple of days ago and was devastated knowing that the 5th and final All Student Theatre Project Christmas concert was going to be today. I did everything I could to take care of myself, but as usual, it just takes time. Sometimes I wonder why I get sick when I do, especially at the most inconvenient of times, but then I realize how humbling of an experience it can be. I did not want to back out of the concert knowing that it was the last one, so I offered up my sickness and decided to see what I could do. Thankfully it went fairly well, although not nearly at my best, but I realized that being amazing is not everything. It was really just about sharing the music and enjoying Christmas. I do not have a voice now as I can barely speak, but I'm thankful that I was asked to offer up my sufferings so that I could see everything from a different perspective.
So here's to good health and all of those days during the year that we are not continuously thankful for being healthy. Perhaps being sick is a way for us to refocus on how lucky we are that God grants us good health.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...