Friday, November 4, 2011

Fun Time Friday - Fall Placemats

Peter loves to help set the table and he's actually really good at it! I've been trying to teach him the proper placements for the utensils and cups but knew he needed further direction. I used to have a placemat when I was younger that had the outlines of the plate/cup/utensils and I credit it for now knowing how to set a table. I figured we could recreate our own while having fun with paint!

I had Peter do his hand prints on a sheet of construction paper. We used Red, Orange, and Yellow. I purposefully used the darkest colors first so we could see through the lighter colors.

I used an old cereal box to make patterns of our utensils. I took our actual utensils and traced them.

After cutting out the patterns, I traced them on construction paper (we made 4 placemats). I traced our plates and cups as well.

On the plates we made fall trees. The trunk was made with Peter's forearm and hand and the leaves were additional hand prints. After all of the pieces were made I glued it together and we used a sponge to stamp around the border. The placemat was then covered on both sides with contact paper (it could also be laminated).

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...