Monday, November 14, 2011

Munchy Monday - Chocolate Mug Cake

My little sister turned 22 today! In honor of her birthday, I made her a cake...and then I ate it.




Sometimes you want just a small slice of chocolate cake, but who wants to heat up the oven, make a huge cake, and somehow keep your fork from helping you devour the entire thing? Alright, eating the entire cake sounds great, but my waistline definitely doesn't need it!

Enter the "mug cake." There are plenty of cake recipes made for your microwave, but I have yet to find the perfect one. There is absolutely no way to use an entire egg and make a small cake still edible! Trust me, I've tried. My new solution: applesauce!

If you make this strategically, you will only dirty a couple of spoons and a mug!

Chocolate Mug Cake
1 Tbl cocoa
8 tsp hot water, divided
4 Tbl sugar
pinch of baking soda
pinch of baking powder
pinch of salt
4 tsp vegetable (or canola) oil
1 Tbl applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla

In mug, combine coca and 4 tsp hot water. Microwave 20-30 seconds or until slightly thickened and very hot. Stir. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Microwave 2-2.5 minutes until cake pulls away from sides. Moist areas may remain but will disappear upon standing. If you have the patience and want to invert onto a plate, wait a few minutes for the cake to cool.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...