Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Homemade Cream Cheese

After making my homemade yogurt, I like to take some of it and make cream cheese.

You'll need a bowl, a strainer, and a light cloth (I use a flour sack).

Put the strainer in the bowl and place the cloth inside the strainer. Pour your yogurt into the cloth. Place it in the fridge for about 8 hours (or until it reaches the desired consistency). The whey will drip into the bowl and the cream cheese will be in the cloth.

This cream cheese is slightly tangier than what you would find in the store, but once you eat it with something, you won't notice. Don't throw out the whey. This is the most nutritious part! You can use it for baking and making ricotta! Right now, my whey is sitting in the fridge while I decide it's destiny.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...