Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tons and Tons of Applesauce!

Directions to make applesauce:

Step 1: Get super tired toddler to take a 3 hours nap. CHECK!

I recently discovered that my father-in-law has this "super cool strainer" thing that makes applesauce a million times easier, smoother, and all around better. I borrowed it, and the experiment began.

I first quartered all of the apples (I had a little less than a bushel of Macintosh, Cortland, and Gala). I didn't bother peeling, coring, or seeding. I was going to test the "super cool strainer" and see what it really could do.

I boiled the apples, about half a peck at a time, until they were soft.

I then put them through the "super cool strainer" and WOW!! This could not be any easier!! It was instant applesauce!

At this point, toddler wakes up. Turn on WeeSing in Sillyville to buy another hour of time.

I then canned, processed, and VOILA! I have 11 quarts of the most delicious applesauce!

Christmas Wish List: A "Super Cool Strainer" thing.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...