Monday, September 13, 2010

Thrift Store Treasures

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love finding things at Yard Sales and Thrift Stores. I don't see the purpose of buying items straight from the store when you can find quality items second hand for a fraction of the price.

My mother often donates her clothing to St. Vincent's Thrift Shop. While she was there this weekend, the volunteers were setting up a Little Tikes kitchen and table set. Surprisingly, they were selling all of it for only $20! I went over this morning to check it out and decided to bring it home.

My favorite thing about buying second hand is seeing the quality within something old. It was extremely dirty, but after tons of elbow grease and exhausting my supply of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, Peter now has a beautiful kitchen set to play with! It is complete with a highchair, food, plates, utensils, and everything else a child needs for great imaginative play! The only thing that we don't seem to have is a stove/oven. Do you have one sitting in your basement or garage that isn't getting any use that might somewhat match our set? If not, I'm sure Peter's imagination will create a stove!

With all of these new toys, I decided to finally attack the dreaded chore I've been avoiding; sorting through and putting away all of Peter's baby toys. This is still a work in progress, but wait until you see what I'm doing to keep all of his "toddler" toys organized!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...